Travel to the heart of the Mekong Delta on this private tour by Car – Boat – Bicycle from Ho Chi Minh City. Car through rice paddies, Boat visit some islands, Bicycle charming villages and along shady river paths will let you see the real life of Mekong delta one day trip.
- Meet locals as you explore the villages and islands along the Mekong River
- Private longtail boat ride along the Mekong River
- Enjoy boat trip and traditional music
- Enjoy delicious lunch in restaurant and seasonal fruits
- Travel by sampan along the canals under the green canopy of water coconuts trees
- Cycling charming villages and along shady canal paths, have dinner in local house (Cycling 7 to 14 km)
- Traveling in a private car or motorbike
When to Go
Start time: 7:30 AM, End time: 6:30 PM
What You Can Expect
Travel to the city of Ben Tre, a 2.5 hour journey, by Private car or motorbike. A former naval base, Ben Tre is now a bustling port city in the Mekong Delta. The area is the final destination of the Mekong River which winds its way from Tibet, China, Burma, Laos, Cambodia and finally Vietnam. An incredibly fertile region its prime industry is food production, producing approximately half of Vietnam’s total agricultural output. Life for villagers in the area revolves around the rivers and canals that make up the delta, people are more likely to transport by river than by road.
Upon arrival into Ben Tre you’ll board a private boat for a cruise on the Mekong River. On the boat ride your local guide will take you to visit an island with lush tropical gardens where you’ll have a chance to sample tropical fruit. You’ll continue to another island in the Mekong Delta, you’ll learn more about another cottage industry, coconut candy. Your local guide will take you to a coconut candy factory and explain the process of making this sweet. You’ll have a chance to visit local villages in the area and learn more about the traditional lifestyles, culture and customs of people who call the Delta their home. Continue by wagon to a bee farm where you’ll transfer to a smaller rowing boat allowing you to get deeper into the smaller canals of the Delta.
Sample the local Mekong cuisine at the Restaurant where lunch is served.
After lunch you’ll return to Ben Tre for the journey drive up to local fruit farm in Tien Thuy Bentre, from here you cycling charming villages and along shady canal paths will let you see the best of Mekong delta
area, stop at local house have dinner and relax. When ready we cycle back to the car go back to HCM City.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan private group + bicycle
- Transport by motorbike + bicycle
- Local boat
- Entrance fees
- Food and drink
- Local guide
- A Sim card 3G /3G Data
3/17 Ton That Thuyet street,
Ward 18, District 4, Ho Chi Minh city
Phone: (+84) 938 213 770 – 012 775 667 59